Here’s something you can do at home
- Take a shower. Switch it to cold. Like, 100% cold water.
- Notice your reaction.
- If you are a regular human being, you’ll squirm, curse, jerk and switch it back to hot.
- Still with me? Switch it to cold again, but this time, pretend the water is still warm. Don’t change your expression. Pretend it’s the most normal thing ever.
- Wasn’t so bad, was it? Felt a bit warmer, right?
- Life is a shower. If you you’re lucky, it’s warm most of the time. Sometimes it gets nice and hot. And there’s moments when things get icy. Freezing. We all know what that feels like.
- The difference between life and your morning shower, is your control over the temperature.
- But you can control your reaction.
When things get cold, don’t shriek and shout. Calm down. Chill. See how that feels.
More on cold showers here.